Therapists at Toowoomba Hand Therapy treat a wide range of hand injuries including but not limited to:
- Traumatic injuries of the upper limb (not including the shoulder) including tendon injuries, nerve injuries, ligament injuries and burns.
- Overuse or accumulative injuries eg tennis elbow, carpal tunnel, tendonitis and trigger finger
- Work injuries of the upper limb
- Chronic conditions such as arthritis.
- Wound and scar management – this is not limited to the upper limb.
- Oedema management and the prescription of pressure garments.
- Fabrication of footdrop splints for bed use only.
- Upper Limb Retraining
- Worksite assessments for Workcover patients with upper limb injuries, and to monitor their suitable duties programme.